The cutter is adjustable with an internal jack-screw and secured in place with the visible set-screw. We advertise these tools as fixed due to some folks not able to precisely adjust the cutter.
Follow these steps to replace or adjust the cutter depth (all threads are right-hand):
- Remove the carbide cutter by loosening the 10-32 set screw with an industrial grade 3/32 hex wrench
- This screw is very tight, but doesn’t have thread locker
- Remove the ¼” hex from the larger black hex body
- Reinstall the cutter and adjust the internal M6x1 jack screw with a 3mm hex wrench
- The original version, with black 1/4″ hex, has a smaller 10-32 thread with a sharp inside corner – more prone breakage
- Measure the cutter protrusion with calipers by zeroing (or subtract) the overall black hex body length
- Retighten the set screw from step a, above and then reinstall the ¼” hex driver
K&M Factory Cutter Settings:
• Small Rifle / Pistol: .122” depth
• Large Rifle: .131” depth
• Large Pistol: .122” depth
• BMG: .220” depth
There are no reviews yet.